|| What is RCB-3 Voice unit? | Before use | Assembling | Setting | Playing | Recording||
This unit is compatible with RCB-3 (a control board made by Kondo Kagaku).
◆What is RCB-3 Voice unit？
The voice board is covered by a sebum black and white tube, no performance problem will happen.
Assign a voice to a motion
Combine with the radio controller
●Things to prepare
When you use this product, it is necessary to have a memory card reader for the miniSD card.
※If the PC has already a slot for memory card, it is not necessary to follow above caution.
This voice unit sensor is compatible with RCB-3 (Kondo Kagaku control board).
You cannot use this item with any other control board.
●Back up of the content of the miniSD card
Before connecting the robot, back up the miniSD card datas as below. This datas will be useful later. The file and the two folders contain in all 54 items.
（This 51 WAV files correspond to sounds）
（muon.wav、010d2min.wav file : are used for test）
（TD3a-1.RCB、TD3a-2.RCB、TD3a-3.RCB： Sample motion for test）
(1) Remove the miniSD card, and connect it to the PC.
(2) Create a folder on your PC
To create a new folder, click right on the desktop => Create new=> click on the folder.
(3) Copy all the content of the file inside the miniSD card and then paste it into the new folder.
For this example, we will place the sensor onto the chest. However, you can place it wherever you want.
・ We recommend you to place it onto the chest for Manoi PF01 case. ( you cannot place it on the back or narrow places, confirm this matter before equipping the sensor).
(1) Fix the speaker and the voice board to Manoi.
For Manoi AT01･･･fix the speaker and the voice board onto an appropriate place (chest, head or back) with tape.
For Manoi PF01･･･fix the speaker and the voice board onto an appropriate place with tape.
Speaker : Inside the front coal
Voice Board : on the Lipo saver
（if you make holes on the outside part, the sound will come out better）
■ Making holes
1. When you have decided the place of the speaker, make some holes with the knife edge reamer （No.HRP007) or with other tools in order to hear the sound well.
・The holes of the picture on the right are examples
・When the place is defined, draw with a pen where you want to make holes.
2. Fix the speaker with tape
(2) Connect the servo lead connector to one of the available port of RCB-3.
・ To begin, we recommend you to choose the CH 24. (we will presuppose that the Sample motion and sounds has been programmed for CH24).）
・ Make sure to insert it to one of RCB-3's port for servo motors.
To avoid the servo motors break, please turn off the power.
(1) Start Heart To Heart 3
・The name of "HTH3.exe" can differ. Use the same folder icon that you will find in the kit you have bought.
・ Check on the top right the "SYNC" box in the main window of Heart To Heart 3.
(2)Turn the power on.
(3)Click on the Option button and uncheck the CH24 on the "ICS function", then close the option window.
It is possible that the box is already unchecked.
(4) Click on the Trimbutton and the below window will open.
・If there is no CH24 on trim window, make a POS1 on the data sheet.
・Double click, and then right click and select "Display". If you check the CH24, the CH24 will appear on the trim window.
(5)Close Trim window.
(6)Turn "OFF" then turn " ON" the robot.
★The following explications are valid if you have connected the product to CH24 of RCB-3
(1) Start Heart To Heart 3, by clicking on the file button , open the TD3a.-1. RCB file.
・「TD3a-1.RCB」is in the back up folder 「●look at before use instructions」.
（◆Before use→●Back up the data of the miniSD card→Back up process) Even if it was already copied, please insert it into the "motion" file of the miniSD card.
(2) Click on the table button, then on the displayed window click on the Read button.
The RCB-3's datas are read.
(3) In order to write 「TD3a-1.RCB」 in RCB-3, click on the write button and choose between M1 to M80 position to save the file.
Since「TD3a-1.RCB」program size is big, it will take 2 motion domains (for instance : M30 and M31). Before hands, backup the file in order to avoid to overwrite a big program.
(4) Click on the trim button the below window will appear.
(5) Adjust the CH24. At first, set the value to -247.
・During the setting some files may play back.
(6) Close Trim window.
(7) On Heart to Heart3 data sheet, double click on POS "1 " and POS"50" in order to confirm the sound that correspond to each POS.
・Don't press the play button, but double click on POS.
・ If there is no sound that come from POS "1"or POS "50", come back to point (5) at the trim position. Press one more time, otherwise decrease the value in order to adjust the sound.
(8) Click on the play button and choose the motion TD3a-1.RCB that you have saved at point (3).
From number 1 to number 5, the sounds will be played in order.
In the miniSD, there are 50 wav files of different sounds that are played with motions.
POS (the neutral position of the sound of a servo (ch24) is 0.)
A POS that is called 000muon.wav is a wav file with no sound.You can use it when you want to cancel a sound in middle of playing.
The POS Number 1 〜 Number 50 … correspond to 001.wav〜050.wav.
When you open different files 001.wav〜050.wav related to this product :
・If you play a small number to a big number, it is called increase stream.
・If you play a big number to a small number, it is called decrease stream.
( for instance : "play number 5 to number 20" is different from this one "play number 20 to number 5")
It happens that when you want to play sounds in the decrease stream, the number 1 and number 50 may not be played. Basically as the「●adjustment」 above, if you want to adjust the number 1 and number 50, the adjustment of decrease stream is the same as the increase stream.
●Trim adjustment (The operation process number (5) )
For this product you have used the port of a servo motor to play different sounds. A difference in the value of the channel that is playing the sounds appears. To prevent that, the trim adjustment (tuning) is necessary. This is like when you hear an analogue radio, when you want to hear a frequency, you try to find the best reception.
●Confirm the movement of the sample motion.
(1) If you assigned a sound that has been already created as 「010.WAV」, copy it into an appropriate place, and then back up.
・When you will back up, you will be asked to save under a different name.
(2) Copy the 「010d2min.wav」 which is inside the "testwav folder" that you have backed up from the data of the miniSD card. Then paste it into the root folder of the miniSD card 「X:\」(X is mini SD card driver letter).
・The 010d2min.wav is a 2 minutes recording of "Yukuzo Dainamizer" (Go for it Dainamizer in English ) ("Yukuzo Dainamizer" is a famous robot player in Japan who has also recorded a CD).This file is a 2 minutes music test.
(4) Click on the write button . to register the motion.
・Click on the "Play" button to play the motion and to confirm the sound also is playing.
・This sample motion is a motion which moves the CH1 which is the robot's neck.Until you switch off, the neck will continue to swing from left to right.
(2) Double click on the POS button to which you want to assign a sound, the POS window will open.
(3) Enter any value (from 10 to 500) to the CH24, it will designate the number that correspond to the sound you want to hear.
・The value : if you want to play number 1 you have to enter the value 10, if you want to play number 2 you have to enter the value 20, …. If you want to play number 50 you have to enter the value 500.
・You can assign different sounds to several POS which are motion file.
・When you have entered the value, close the POS window.
(4) To register the motion into RCB-3 click on the write button .
(5) In order to confirm, click on the " Play" button,the motion and the sound will be performed.
・When it is not a created and recorded sound, the number 1, the number 2 and others will be played. We will mention later how to record and create sounds, please refer to the chapter "Recorded sounds".
As for the POS above, we have assigned a different value that corresponds to a sound.You can also play a different sound for a posture or a same action with a different motion that you have change only the value.
( for instance when the robot raise its right hand it can say " yes" followed by" Hello")
◆Recording (Creating sounds)
The sound file can have different format.
The below file that was recorded can only be played with a WAV format.
・ 11.025 kHz 16 Bit mono
Please refer to the chapter 「●Conversion into WAV file」 in order to know the way to change the sound.
●Record from the Mic of the PC.
Use the WINDOWS program for recording sounds, and refer to the process to record sounds.
(1) Connect to the PC MIC port a microphone.
・The Mic port is different from PC to PC, please refer to the instruction manual of your PC.
・It happens that some PC are not equipped with MIC port.
(2) First click on the bottom left of the screen click "Start" then follow " All programs" →「Accesories」→「Entertainment」→「Sound record」.
・The below screen will appear.
(3) Record a sound by clicking on the record button.
・If you have normally record a sound, the below screen will appear. In the middle you can see the variation of the sound.
(4) When you have recorded the sound, click on ｢File｣→「Save」or 「Save as」. Enter the name of the file, then click 「Save」.
・The sound has been saved under the Wav file format.
You can find other free sound recorder with different tool. You can customize the sound.
●Create a sound file from a CD.
Use free software that can change a song from a CD to a Wav file format.
If you want to change the song into WAV format, please refer to later mentioned「● Conversion into WAV file」.
If you want to create your personal sound file from a CD, please make sure in advance that you are not violating any copyrights. You won't be able to use your creation if you don't have the permission from the owner.
●Conversion into WAV file
When you have finished, please convert the format into WAV file.
(1) Choose the file you want to convert by selecting 「File」→「Open」.
(2) Select "property" in the "file" menu.
(3) Click on「Convert」.
(4) According to the Sound selection screen, the following format and attribute will appear. Click "OK"
・Format : PCM
・Attribute: 11.025 kHz 16 bit mono
(5) Select ｢File｣→「Save」or「Save as」. Choose a name, and click「Save」.
・In the file menu, click on "Property", if the format "PCM 11.025 kHz 16 bit mono" appears, you have succeeded.
You can change a created WAV file by following the above process.
・Type of file
You can only use and play the sound file with WAV format.You won't be able to play a sound file with any other format.
(This is the Icon under Windows XP. Other OS and environment may have a different presentation).
Please set the name of the WAV file as below. If you don't do it so, the sound file cannot be played
・Use English one bite character.
・Set this following format "Number（000〜050、240）+ alphabet within 5 letters + .wav"
・Do not use this format for all the folders, files and volume names inside the miniSD card. 3 characters : (000〜999) and 「DO?」（ for instance : DO2, DO3 etc）.
Right format example：022manoi.wav, 002robot.wav etc...
●Space for saved file
・It is necessary to insert the WAV file into the Root folder "X:\" of the miniSD card.
・You can save the backup file inside the miniSD card. But in this case if you want to differentiate a file by changing the name ( without fixing in the begining of the name 000〜060, 240), please create a new folder then save it inside.